RWS Instruments Company is a American manufacturer of guitars and other fretted musical instruments, synthesizers, vocoders, and effect pedals.
RWS' guitars and fretted instruments are made in factories in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois, United States and Zion, Illinois, United States, while the synthesizers, vocoders, and effect pedals are made in factories in Libertyville Township in Lake County, Illinois, United States and Daeseong-dong, South Korea.
RWS products Edit
Electric guitars Edit
- Spaceboy - Similar to the 1965 Crucianelli Spazial, but with three Seymour Duncan Mark Holcomb Signature Pickups, three white Gibson Accessories speed knobs (two for volume, one for tone), and a customized Bigsby B5 vibrato. Available in Sky Blue and Red colors.
- Spudboy - The Spudboy is modeled after Devo member Bob Mothersbaugh's Ibanez Spud Custom electric guitar. Made of weeping willow wood with a sparkly blue or potato brown finish, it comes with added electronic effects (with switches and knobs to activate them), two Seymour Duncan Antiquity humbuckers, three gold Gibson Accessories speed knobs, and to top it off, RWS redesigned the headstock to resemble a potato, with the infamous Q/A-era Devo logo on it. The Spudboy is available in Sparkly Blue and Potato Brown.
- Big Beat - A re-production of the Jolana Big Beat wireless guitar. The built-in amplifier can be unscrewed and used as a FM/AM radio. The amplifier has two white Gibson Accessories speed knobs (one for volume, one for tone), and a on/off switch. It comes with a custom-made Bigbsy vibrato made to match the original Big Beat's vibrato. It comes in Red with either a gold pearl or white pearl scratchplate on the guitar and the amplifier. The main guitar has a single white Gibson Accessories speed knob (for volume) and three effect switches (for distortion, wah-wah, and fuzz).
- Zatara by Steinberger - The two Zatara by Steinberger guitars are made of a graphite and carbon-fiber mix and are use the Steinberger license from Gibson. The two guitars are an electric guitar and an electric bass.
- Sardonyx - A re-production of the '70's Sardonyx electric guitar, comes complete with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Sean Lennon and Yoko Ono (son and former wife of John Lennon, who used a Sardonyx as one of the two main guitars during the recording of Double Fantasy). Exclusively sold at Guitar Center and Reverb.com.